Heba S Allam, PhD, MD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Brain, Pediatric Oncology
- Research Focus Area: Treatment, Prevention, Carcinogenesis
- Type of Research: Translational
- Research Interest Statement: Currently my research interests involve DNA damage repair response mechanisms in normal and tumor cells after radiation therapy. I am using transgenic mice to study the effect of gene knock down and conditional gene expression on the development and treatment response on various brain tumors including glioblastoma and medulloblastoma. These current studies will help in determining the way in which the tumor microenvironment suppresses progression of the aggressive brain tumor glioblastoma (GBM) and enhances tumor response to treatment. The overarching goal of this study is to provide evidence supporting novel methods to suppress GBM tumor progression and enhance tumor response to radiation treatment, thereby sparing normal brain tissue from radiation treatment-induced damage.
- Email Address: HALLAM@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
- Allam H, Johnson BP, Zhang M, [et al.]. The glycosyltransferase GnT-III activates Notch signaling and drives stem cell expansion to promote the growth and invasion of ovarian cancer. The Journal of biological chemistry. 2017 292(39):16351-16359. PMID: 28842505. PMCID: PMC5625063.