Kamal Pandey, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Pharmacology & Toxicology
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Prostate
- Research Focus Area: Carcinogenesis
- Type of Research: Basic, Population Sciences
- Research Interest Statement: The widespread applications of heavy metals in a wide range of consumer products and its non-degradable nature pose a critical public health issue worldwide. Exposure to environmental pollutant such as metal results in significant toxicity in the male reproductive system. The link between heavy metal induced reproductive damage including effects on prostate and rprostate cancer risk is not clearly understood. I am highly interested to study the association between metal exposure and prostate cancer risk in animal model. I am using various molecular biological methods such as epigenetics and transcriptomics tools to measure the expression of genes.
- Email Address: KPANDEY@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
- NIH/Nat. Inst. of Environmental Health Sciences – 1R01ES032675“RNA modifications by paternal exposure to arsenic ”Co-Investigator04/29/22 – 01/31/27
- Rezaei Cherati S, Anas M, Liu S, [et al., including Pandey K]. Comprehensive Risk Assessment of Carbon Nanotubes Used for Agricultural Applications. ACS nano. 2022. PMID: 35868016.
- Rezaei Cherati S, Shanmugam S, Pandey K, Khodakovskaya MV. Whole-Transcriptome Responses to Environmental Stresses in Agricultural Crops Treated with Carbon-Based Nanomaterials. ACS applied bio materials. 2021 4(5):4292-4301. PMID: 35006841.
- Pandey K, Anas M, Hicks VK, [et al.]. Improvement of Commercially Valuable Traits of Industrial Crops by Application of Carbon-based Nanomaterials. Scientific reports. 2019 9(1):19358. PMID: 31852946. PMCID: PMC6920410.
- Pandey K, Lahiani MH, Hicks VK, [et al.]. Effects of carbon-based nanomaterials on seed germination, biomass accumulation and salt stress response of bioenergy crops. PloS one. 2018 13(8):e0202274. PMID: 30153261. PMCID: PMC6112629.