Yong-Chen William Lu, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Melanoma, GI, Breast, Brain
- Research Focus Area: Treatment, Health Disparities, Informatics
- Type of Research: Basic, Clinical
- Research Keywords: Cancer Immunotherapy, T cell biology, Single-cell Genomics, Mutated antigen / neoantigen
- Research Interest Statement: My research focuses on the development of effective T cell-based immunotherapies for patients with metastatic cancers. I has played a pivotal role in the successful cancer treatments using the T-cell therapies targeting shared cancer antigens or patient-specific mutated antigens. More recently, I also utilize single-cell sequencing technologies to facilitate the development of new T-cell therapies against cancer.
- Kim SP, Vale NR, Zacharakis N, [et al., including Lu YC]. Adoptive Cellular Therapy with Autologous Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and T-cell Receptor-Engineered T Cells Targeting Common p53 Neoantigens in Human Solid Tumors. Cancer immunology research. 2022:OF1-OF15. PMID: 35749374. PMCID: PMC9357191.
- Lin CC, Chang TY, Lu YC, [et al.]. TREM-2 mediates dendritic cell-induced NO to suppress Th17 activation and ameliorate chronic kidney diseases. Journal of molecular medicine (Berlin, Germany). 2022 100(6):917-931. PMID: 35532794.
- Lowery FJ, Krishna S, Yossef R, [et al., including Lu YC]. Molecular signatures of antitumor neoantigen-reactive T cells from metastatic human cancers. Science (New York, N.Y.). 2022:eabl5447. PMID: 35113651. PMCID: PMC8996692.
- Dai L, Lu YC, Chen J, [et al.]. Oral Shedding of an Oncogenic Virus Alters the Oral Microbiome in HIV+ Patients. Frontiers in microbiology. 2022 13:882520. PMID: 35516440. PMCID: PMC9063630.
- Davis L, Tarduno A, Lu YC. Neoantigen-Reactive T Cells: The Driving Force behind Successful Melanoma Immunotherapy. Cancers. 2021 13(23). PMID: 34885172. PMCID: PMC8657037.
- Maravelia P, Silva DN, Rovesti G, [et al., including Lu YC]. Liquid Biopsy in Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Opportunities and Challenges for Immunotherapy. Cancers. 2021 13(17). PMID: 34503144. PMCID: PMC8431414.
- Leko V, Cafri G, Yossef R, [et al., including Lu YC]. Identification of neoantigen-reactive T lymphocytes in the peripheral blood of a patient with glioblastoma. Journal for immunotherapy of cancer. 2021 9(7). PMID: 34266885. PMCID: PMC8286793.
- Lu YC, Zheng Z, Lowery FJ, [et al.]. Direct identification of neoantigen-specific TCRs from tumor specimens by high-throughput single-cell sequencing. Journal for immunotherapy of cancer. 2021 9(7). PMID: 34321276. PMCID: PMC8320258.
- Pasetto A, Lu YC. Single-Cell TCR and Transcriptome Analysis: An Indispensable Tool for Studying T-Cell Biology and Cancer Immunotherapy. Frontiers in immunology. 2021 12:689091. PMID: 34163487. PMCID: PMC8215674.
- Shibata T, Shah S, Evans T, [et al., including Lu YC]. Expansion of Human Papillomavirus-Specific T Cells in Periphery and Cervix in a Therapeutic Vaccine Recipient Whose Cervical High-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion Regressed. Frontiers in immunology. 2021 12:645299. PMID: 34659195. PMCID: PMC8515132.
- Lu YC, Wang XJ. Harnessing the power of the immune system in cancer immunotherapy and cancer prevention. Molecular carcinogenesis. 2020 59(7):675-678. PMID: 32386070.
- Lu YC, Jia L, Zheng Z, [et al.]. Single-Cell Transcriptome Analysis Reveals Gene Signatures Associated with T-cell Persistence Following Adoptive Cell Therapy. Cancer immunology research. 2019 7(11):1824-1836. PMID: 31484655. PMCID: PMC6825592.
- Leko V, McDuffie LA, Zheng Z, [et al., including Lu YC]. Identification of Neoantigen-Reactive Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes in Primary Bladder Cancer. Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950). 2019 202(12):3458-3467. PMID: 31036766. PMCID: PMC6548619.
- Goff SL, Morgan RA, Yang JC, [et al., including Lu YC]. Pilot Trial of Adoptive Transfer of Chimeric Antigen Receptor-transduced T Cells Targeting EGFRvIII in Patients With Glioblastoma. Journal of immunotherapy (Hagerstown, Md. : 1997). 2019 42(4):126-135. PMID: 30882547. PMCID: PMC6691897.
- Lo W, Parkhurst M, Robbins PF, [et al., including Lu YC]. Immunologic Recognition of a Shared p53 Mutated Neoantigen in a Patient with Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. Cancer immunology research. 2019 7(4):534-543. PMID: 30709841. PMCID: PMC6685528.
- Cafri G, Yossef R, Pasetto A, [et al., including Lu YC]. Memory T cells targeting oncogenic mutations detected in peripheral blood of epithelial cancer patients. Nature communications. 2019 10(1):449. PMID: 30683863. PMCID: PMC6347629.