Sayem Miah, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Breast, Prostate, Thoracic/ Lung
- Research Focus Area: Carcinogenesis, Treatment
- Type of Research: Basic
- Research Interest Statement: My long term career goal is to establish an interdisciplinary research program to develop more effective therapeutics for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer, focusing on non-Receptor Protein Tyrosine kinase (nRTKs) and their potential as a therapeutic target to restore the anti-metastatic function of TGF?/SMAD signaling in metastatic breast cancer. I want to undertake a `systems-wide` interrogation of nRTK mediated signaling networks using innovative proteomic and genomic technologies to decipher the switch of anti-metastatic TGF? signaling to a metastatic-promoting factor, a long-standing biological paradox in the field of metastatic breast cancer.
- Email Address: MSMIAH@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
- UAMS ACHRI Flow Through – GR037194“ACRI Miah GR037194”Principal Investigator10/01/22 – 06/30/23
- UAMS Internal Research Awards – KL22022“TRI KL2 Scholars award - Miah”Principal Investigator07/01/22 – 06/30/24
- Acharya B, Miah S, Frett B. Targeting TGF-?: triumphs and challenges. Future medicinal chemistry. 2022. PMID: 35152715.
- Chappell K, Tackett A, Manna K, [et al., including Miah S]. Multi-omics data integration reveals correlated regulatory features of triple negative breast cancer. Molecular omics. 2021. PMID: 34142686. PMCID: PMC8504614.
- Adams MK, Banks CAS, Thornton JL, [et al., including Miah S]. Differential Complex Formation via Paralogs in the Human Sin3 Protein Interaction Network. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP. 2020 19(9):1468-1484. PMID: 32467258. PMCID: PMC8143632.
- Banks CAS, Zhang Y, Miah S, [et al.]. Integrative Modeling of a Sin3/HDAC Complex Sub-structure. Cell reports. 2020 31(2):107516. PMID: 32294434. PMCID: PMC7217224.
- Miah S, Banks CAS, Ogunbolude Y, [et al.]. BRK phosphorylates SMAD4 for proteasomal degradation and inhibits tumor suppressor FRK to control SNAIL, SLUG, and metastatic potential. Science advances. 2019 5(10):eaaw3113. PMID: 31681835. PMCID: PMC6810434.
- Miah S, Bagu E, Goel R, [et al.]. Estrogen receptor signaling regulates the expression of the breast tumor kinase in breast cancer cells. BMC cancer. 2019 19(1):78. PMID: 30651078. PMCID: PMC6335685.
- Adams MK, Banks CAS, Miah S, [et al.]. Purification and enzymatic assay of class I histone deacetylase enzymes. Methods in enzymology. 2019 626:23-40. PMID: 31606077. PMCID: PMC6839770.
- Banks CAS, Miah S, Adams MK, [et al.]. Differential HDAC1/2 network analysis reveals a role for prefoldin/CCT in HDAC1/2 complex assembly. Scientific reports. 2018 8(1):13712. PMID: 30209338. PMCID: PMC6135828.
- Banks CAS, Thornton JL, Eubanks CG, [et al., including Miah S]. A Structured Workflow for Mapping Human Sin3 Histone Deacetylase Complex Interactions Using Halo-MudPIT Affinity-Purification Mass Spectrometry. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP. 2018 17(7):1432-1447. PMID: 29599190. PMCID: PMC6030732.
- Ogunbolude Y, Dai C, Bagu ET, [et al., including Miah S]. FRK inhibits breast cancer cell migration and invasion by suppressing epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncotarget. 2017 8(68):113034-113065. PMID: 29348886. PMCID: PMC5762571.
- Bagu ET, Miah S, Dai C, [et al.]. Repression of Fyn-related kinase in breast cancer cells is associated with promoter site-specific CpG methylation. Oncotarget. 2017 8(7):11442-11459. PMID: 28077797. PMCID: PMC5355277.
- Miah S, Banks CA, Adams MK, [et al.]. Advancement of mass spectrometry-based proteomics technologies to explore triple negative breast cancer. Molecular bioSystems. 2016 13(1):42-55. PMID: 27891540. PMCID: PMC5173390.