Hui-Ming Chang, MD, MPH
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Pharmacology & Toxicology
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Breast, No Specific Disease Site
- Research Focus Area: Treatment, Prevention, Health Disparities
- Type of Research: Clinical, Basic
- Research Interest Statement: My current interest is to conduct clinical trials on onco-cardiology (cardio-oncology). I have translated bench results from our animal studies to clinical trials. This NIH-funded project titled
- Email Address: HCHANG@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
Open Clinical Trials
- “Prevention of Heart Failure Induced by Doxorubicin with Early Administration of Dexrazoxane (PHOENIX 1)” (NCT03930680)
- NIH/Nat. Heart, Lung & Blood Institute – 7R01HL151993“Prevention of Heart Failure induced by Doxorubicin”Principal Investigator06/01/21 – 05/31/25
- Sheng ZF, Zhang H, Phaup JG, [et al., including Chang HM]. Corticotropin-releasing hormone neurons in the central nucleus of amygdala are required for chronic stress-induced hypertension. Cardiovascular research. 2023. PMID: 37041718.
- Wang C, Nistala R, Cao M, [et al., including Chang HM]. Dipeptidylpeptidase 4 promotes survival and stemness of acute myeloid leukemia stem cells. Cell reports. 2023 42(2):112105. PMID: 36807138.
- Zhang H, Sheng ZF, Wang J, [et al., including Chang HM]. Signaling pathways involved in NMDA-induced suppression of M-channels in corticotropin-releasing hormone neurons in central amygdala. Journal of neurochemistry. 2022. PMID: 35583089. PMCID: PMC10210974.
- Yang FM, Chang HM, Yeh ETH. Regulation of TLR4 signaling through the TRAF6/sNASP axis by reversible phosphorylation mediated by CK2 and PP4. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2021 118(47). PMID: 34789577. PMCID: PMC8617457.
- Sheng ZF, Zhang H, Zheng P, [et al., including Chang HM]. Impaired Kv7 channel activity in the central amygdala contributes to elevated sympathetic outflow in hypertension. Cardiovascular research. 2021. PMID: 33512443. PMCID: PMC8803073.
- Chang HM, Yeh ETH. SUMO: From Bench to Bedside. Physiological reviews. 2020 100(4):1599-1619. PMID: 32666886. PMCID: PMC7717128.
- Li J, Chang HM, Banchs J, [et al.]. Detection of subclinical cardiotoxicity in sarcoma patients receiving continuous doxorubicin infusion or pre-treatment with dexrazoxane before bolus doxorubicin. Cardio-oncology (London, England). 2020 6:1. PMID: 32154027. PMCID: PMC7048030.
- Yeh ETH, Ewer MS, Moslehi J, [et al., including Chang HM]. Mechanisms and clinical course of cardiovascular toxicity of cancer treatment I. Oncology. Seminars in oncology. 2019 46(6):397-402. PMID: 31753424.
- Yang FM, Zuo Y, Zhou W, [et al., including Chang HM]. sNASP inhibits TLR signaling to regulate immune response in sepsis. The Journal of clinical investigation. 2018 128(6):2459-2472. PMID: 29733298. PMCID: PMC5983344.
- Chang HM, Okwuosa TM, Scarabelli T, [et al.]. Cardiovascular Complications of CancerÂ Therapy: Best Practices in Diagnosis, Prevention, and Management: Part 2. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2017 70(20):2552-2565. PMID: 29145955. PMCID: PMC5825188.
- Chang HM, Moudgil R, Scarabelli T, [et al.]. Cardiovascular Complications of CancerÂ Therapy: Best Practices in Diagnosis, Prevention, and Management: Part 1. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2017 70(20):2536-2551. PMID: 29145954. PMCID: PMC5825187.
- Yeh ETH, Chang HM. Cancer and Clot: Between a Rock and a Hard Place. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2017 70(8):939-941. PMID: 28818203.
- Chang HM, Yeh ETH. Potential of Oncocardiology-Reply. JAMA cardiology. 2017 2(7):818. PMID: 28273313.
- Chang HM, Yeh E. Oncocardiology-Past, Present, and Future: A Review. JAMA cardiology. 2016 1(9):1066-1072. PMID: 27541948. PMCID: PMC5788289.