Katie Rose Ryan, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Cancer Research Interest
- Research Keywords: Metastasis, Cell-adhesion
- Research Interest Statement: Rho family GTPases act as ‘molecular switches’ and are master regulators of many aspects of cellular behaviour. Cellular processes regulated by Rho GTPases are commonly dysregulated in cancer with studies focusing on what roles these proteins play in tumorigenesis. Rnd3 is a Rho GTPase that has been implicated in the regulation of proliferation, cell adhesion, apoptosis, and cell migration. Our long-term goal is to define Rnd3 mechanisms that promote an aggressive metastatic cancer phenotype. We will utilize in vitro and in vivo melanoma systems for our studies. Nearly 10,000 Americans die from melanoma annually with most deaths being associated with the metastatic form of the disease. My labs goals are to: 1. Determine the impact of Rnd3 on migration and invasion in keratinocytes and melanoma. 2. Define Rnd3 signalling in keratinocytes and melanoma cells. 3. Development of a specific Rnd3 or downstream target inhibitor.
- Email Address: KRRYAN@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
- Saha D, Ryan KR, Lakkaniga NR, [et al.]. Targeting Rearranged during Transfection in Cancer: A Perspective on Small-Molecule Inhibitors and Their Clinical Development. Journal of medicinal chemistry. 2021. PMID: 34402300. PMCID: PMC9697126.
- Frett B, Saha D, Ryan KR, [et al.]. Pyrazoloadenine Inhibitors of the RET Lung Cancer Oncoprotein Discovered via a Fragment Optimization Approach. ChemMedChem. 2021. PMID: 33559353. PMCID: PMC9969764.
- Ryan KR, Giles F, Morgan GJ. Targeting both BET and CBP/EP300 proteins with the novel dual inhibitors NEO2734 and NEO1132 leads to anti-tumor activity in multiple myeloma. European journal of haematology. 2021 106(1):90-99. PMID: 32997383.
- Schinke C, Boyle EM, Ashby C, [et al., including Ryan K]. Genomic analysis of primary plasma cell leukemia reveals complex structural alterations and high-risk mutational patterns. Blood cancer journal. 2020 10(6):70. PMID: 32555163. PMCID: PMC7303180.
- Mikulasova A, Ashby C, Tytarenko RG, [et al., including Ryan KR]. Microhomology-mediated end joining drives complex rearrangements and over expression of MYC and PVT1 in multiple myeloma. Haematologica. 2019. PMID: 31221783. PMCID: PMC7109748.
- Essmann CL, Ryan KR, Elmi M, [et al.]. Activation of RHO-1 in cholinergic motor neurons competes with dopamine signalling to control locomotion. PloS one. 2018 13(9):e0204057. PMID: 30240421. PMCID: PMC6150489.
- Tripette J, Murakami H, Ryan KR, [et al.]. The contribution of Nintendo Wii Fit series in the field of health: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PeerJ. 2017 5:e3600. PMID: 28890847. PMCID: PMC5590553.