Shuk-Mei Ho, PhD
Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Pharmacology & Toxicology
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: No Specific Disease Site
- Research Focus Area: Prevention
- Type of Research: Population Sciences
- NIH/Nat. Inst. of General Medical Sciences – 1T32GM150536“Training in Systems Pharmacology and Toxicology (T-SPaT)”Co-Investigator07/01/23 – 06/30/28
- National Science Foundation – Contract # AWD30000-260“RII Track-2 FEC: Facilitating Ubiquitous Technology Utilizing Resilient Eco-friendly Sensors (FUTURE Sensors)”Principal Investigator08/01/22 – 07/31/28
- US Department of Defense – W81XWH2210152“DNA methylation markers associated with exposure and adverse health outcomes in Veterans exposed to airborne hazards from open burn pits”Principal Investigator05/01/22 – 04/30/26
- NIH/Nat. Inst. of Environmental Health Sciences – 1R01ES032675“RNA modifications by paternal exposure to arsenic and intergenerational effects on sperm quality”Principal Investigator04/29/22 – 01/31/27
- Central Office of the Veterans Administration (VA) – 1I01BX005395“Metal-Induced Cell-Level Changes in Prostate Epithelium and Cancer Risk”Principal Investigator07/01/21 – 06/30/25
- McDermott A, Kim K, Kasper S, [et al., including Ho SM]. The androgen receptor inhibits transcription of GPER1 by preventing Sp1 and Sp3 from binding to the promoters in prostate cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2022 13:46-60. PMID: 35018219. PMCID: PMC8741193.
- Ho SM, Rao R, Ouyang B, [et al.]. Three-Generation Study of Male Rats Gestationally Exposed to High Butterfat and Bisphenol A: Impaired Spermatogenesis, Penetrance with Reduced Severity. Nutrients. 2021 13(10). PMID: 34684636. PMCID: PMC8541510.
- Padala KP, Padala PR, Leung YK, [et al., including Ho SM]. Untangling the Complex Interactions of Open Burn Pit Exposure and Health Outcomes: Response to Brumage et al. The primary care companion for CNS disorders. 2021 23(2). PMID: 34000124.
- Joshi NR, Kohan-Ghadr HR, Roqueiro DS, [et al., including Ho SM]. Genetic and epigenetic changes in the eutopic endometrium of women with endometriosis: association with decreased endometrial αvβ3 integrin expression. Molecular human reproduction. 2021. PMID: 33693877. PMCID: PMC8178932.
- Leung YK, Biesiada J, Govindarajah V, [et al., including Ho SM]. Low-Dose Bisphenol A in a Rat Model of Endometrial Cancer: A CLARITY-BPA Study. Environmental health perspectives. 2020 128(12):127005. PMID: 33296240. PMCID: PMC7725436.
- Padala KP, Padala PR, Leung YK, [et al., including Ho SM]. Open Burn Pit Exposure and Concern About the COVID-19 Pandemic. The primary care companion for CNS disorders. 2020 22(6). PMID: 33166097.
- Heindel JJ, Belcher S, Flaws JA, [et al., including Ho SM]. Data integration, analysis, and interpretation of eight academic CLARITY-BPA studies. Reproductive toxicology (Elmsford, N.Y.). 2020. PMID: 32682780. PMCID: PMC7365109.
- Wongsurawat T, Jenjaroenpun P, De Loose A, [et al., including Ho SM]. A novel Cas9-targeted long-read assay for simultaneous detection of IDH1/2 mutations and clinically relevant MGMT methylation in fresh biopsies of diffuse glioma. Acta neuropathologica communications. 2020 8(1):87. PMID: 32563269. PMCID: PMC7305623.
- Liu X, Zhang E, Kopras EJ, [et al., including Ho SM]. Estrogen activates pyruvate kinase M2 and increases the growth of TSC2-deficient cells. PloS one. 2020 15(2):e0228894. PMID: 32078667. PMCID: PMC7032738.
- Khanal T, Leung YK, Jiang W, [et al., including Ho SM]. NR2E3 is a key component in p53 activation by regulating a long noncoding RNA DINO in acute liver injuries. FASEB journal : official publication of the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. 2019 33(7):8335-8348. PMID: 30991008. PMCID: PMC6593879.
- Xie C, Leung YK, Chen A, [et al., including Ho SM]. Differential methylation values in differential methylation analysis. Bioinformatics (Oxford, England). 2019 35(7):1094-1097. PMID: 30184051. PMCID: PMC6449748.
- Kim S, Xu X, Zhang Y, [et al., including Ho SM]. Metal concentrations in pregnant women and neonates from informal electronic waste recycling. Journal of exposure science & environmental epidemiology. 2019 29(3):406-415. PMID: 30111780. PMCID: PMC6377357.
- Dworatzek E, Mahmoodzadeh S, Schriever C, [et al., including Ho SM]. Sex-specific regulation of collagen I and III expression by 17β-Estradiol in cardiac fibroblasts: role of estrogen receptors. Cardiovascular research. 2019 115(2):315-327. PMID: 30016401. PMCID: PMC6933535.
- Leung YK, Chan QK, Ng CF, [et al., including Ho SM]. Correction: Hsa-miRNA-765 as a Key Mediator for Inhibiting Growth, Migration and Invasion in Fulvestrant-Treated Prostate Cancer. PloS one. 2019 14(3):e0214184. PMID: 30883603. PMCID: PMC6422296.