Henry K Wong, MD, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Cutaneous/Melanoma, Leukemia/ Lymphoma
- Research Focus Area: Informatics, Diagnosis/ Prognosis
- Type of Research: Clinical
- Research Interest Statement: My research interest is in improving the accuracy in the diagnosis and treatment of primary cutaneous T cell lymphoma CCTCL). My laboratory has focused on identifying novel genetic biomarkers that are specific to CTCL. We have identified a number of highly expressed genes in CTCL and demonstrated that DNA epigenetic modifications are abnormalties that contribute to alteration of gene expression. We are studying the role these genes in enhancing the early diagnosis of CTCL. . As there is not currently a cure for CTCL, we are directing research on treatment based on our focus on gene expression. We are testing the role of novel transcription regulatiors in enhancing toxicity of CTCL cells to identify potential therapeutic drugs for the treatment of CTCL.
- Email Address: HKWONG@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
- Ly S, Nedosekin D, Wong HK. Review of an Anti-CD20 Monoclonal Antibody for the Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases of the Skin. American journal of clinical dermatology. 2023:1-27. PMID: 36630066. PMCID: PMC9838371.
- Kayishunge D, Ly S, Su J, Wong HK. Epidemiologic Trends of Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma in Arkansas Reveals Demographic Disparities. Cancers. 2022 14(17). PMID: 36077864. PMCID: PMC9454538.
- Kim EJ, Mangold AR, DeSimone JA, [et al., including Wong HK]. Efficacy and Safety of Topical Hypericin Photodynamic Therapy for Early-Stage Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma (Mycosis Fungoides): The FLASH Phase 3 Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA dermatology. 2022. PMID: 35857290. PMCID: PMC9301595.
- Draper E, Rollins B, Matlock S, [et al., including Wong H]. Milia en plaque manifesting as a post-herpetic isotopic response. Dermatology online journal. 2022 28(3). PMID: 36259804.
- Mehdi SJ, Moerman-Herzog AM, Wong HK. Isolating Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells and CD4+ T cells from SÃ©zary Syndrome Patients for Transcriptomic Profiling. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE. 2021(176). PMID: 34723945.
- Sasapu A, Dunn ALJ, Gardner J, Wong HK. Remission of refractory granulomatous primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma to brentuximab vedotin. BMJ case reports. 2021 14(7). PMID: 34290015. PMCID: PMC8296810.
- Mehdi SJ, Moerman-Herzog A, Wong HK. Normal and cancer fibroblasts differentially regulate TWIST1, TOX and cytokine gene expression in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. BMC cancer. 2021 21(1):492. PMID: 33941102. PMCID: PMC8091512.
- Kayishunge D, Rick J, Ahmed A, [et al., including Wong H]. Progression of pyoderma gangrenosum with angioinvasive fungus. JAAD case reports. 2021 11:41-43. PMID: 33912634. PMCID: PMC8063694.
- Kern M, Parks K, Wong HK. Nodule on the Neck. Cutis. 2021 107(5):241-254. PMID: 34288850.
- Nedosekin D, Wilson KD, Campbell K, [et al., including Wong HK]. Immunologic overlap in a case of linear IgG/IgA bullous dermatosis responsive to rituximab. JAAD case reports. 2021 9:57-60. PMID: 33665277. PMCID: PMC7898068.
- Moerman-Herzog A, Mehdi SJ, Wong HK. Gene Expression Comparison between SÃ©zary Syndrome and Lymphocytic-Variant Hypereosinophilic Syndrome Refines Biomarkers for SÃ©zary Syndrome. Cells. 2020 9(9). PMID: 32872487. PMCID: PMC7563155.
- Matlock SM, Rush JL, Afzal W, [et al., including Wong HK]. Spontaneous ulcerations of the breast. Clinical and experimental dermatology. 2020 45(1):107-110. PMID: 30618053.
- Guthrie J, King C, Battle L, [et al., including Wong H]. Pyoderma gangrenosum developing after chest tube placement in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Cutis. 2019 104(5):E23-E26. PMID: 31886797.
- Moerman-Herzog AM, Acheampong DA, Brooks AG, [et al., including Wong HK]. Transcriptome analysis of SÃ©zary syndrome and lymphocytic-variant hypereosinophilic syndrome T cells reveals common and divergent genes. Oncotarget. 2019 10(49):5052-5069. PMID: 31489115. PMCID: PMC6707948.
- Bayraktar M, Kockara S, Halic T, [et al., including Wong HK]. Local edge-enhanced active contour for accurate skin lesion border detection. BMC bioinformatics. 2019 20(Suppl 2):91. PMID: 30871471. PMCID: PMC6419326.
- Wong HK. Developing BET-ter treatments for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Oncotarget. 2019 10(13):1267-1268. PMID: 30863486. PMCID: PMC6407685.
- Pitch MA, Kim KH, Manning T, [et al., including Wong HK]. A diagnostically challenging case of CD8+ primary cutaneous gamma/delta T-cell lymphoma. Dermatology online journal. 2017 23(11). PMID: 29447636.
- Kern M, Kim KH, Johnson G, [et al., including Wong HK]. Dermatitis herpetiformis presenting as pseudovasculitis. JAAD case reports. 2017 3(5):444-447. PMID: 28971130. PMCID: PMC5602830.
- Mahmoud F, Shields B, Makhoul I, [et al., including Wong HK]. Immune surveillance in melanoma: From immune attack to melanoma escape and even counterattack. Cancer biology & therapy. 2017 18(7):451-469. PMID: 28513269. PMCID: PMC5639850.
- Field H, Gao L, Motwani P, Wong HK. Pruritus Reduction with Systemic Anti-lymphoma Treatments in Patients with Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma: A Narrative Review. Dermatology and therapy. 2016 6(4):579-595. PMID: 27590615. PMCID: PMC5120632.
- Field H, Gao L, Motwani P, Wong HK. Erratum to: Pruritus Reduction with Systemic Anti-lymphoma Treatments in Patients with Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma: A Narrative Review. Dermatology and therapy. 2016 6(4):597. PMID: 27747468. PMCID: PMC5120638.
- Kaya S, Bayraktar M, Kockara S, [et al., including Wong HK]. Abrupt skin lesion border cutoff measurement for malignancy detection in dermoscopy images. BMC bioinformatics. 2016 17(Suppl 13):367. PMID: 27766942. PMCID: PMC5073935.
- Kaffenberger BH, Zhang E, Duncan JR, [et al., including Wong HK]. Endothelial chimerism in chronic sclerotic-type chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) and GVHD-associated angiomatosis. The British journal of dermatology. 2016 175(4):782-4. PMID: 26875995.
- Mishra A, La Perle K, Kwiatkowski S, [et al., including Wong H]. Mechanism, Consequences, and Therapeutic Targeting of Abnormal IL15 Signaling in Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma. Cancer discovery. 2016 6(9):986-1005. PMID: 27422033. PMCID: PMC5388135.
- Haverkos BM, Gru AA, Geyer SM, [et al., including Wong HK]. Increased Levels of Plasma Epstein Barr Virus DNA Identify a Poor-Risk Subset of Patients With Advanced Stage Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma. Clinical lymphoma, myeloma & leukemia. 2016 16 Suppl:S181-S190.e4. PMID: 27521316. PMCID: PMC4999299.
- Wong HK. STAT Assays with a TWIST: Differentiating SÃ©zary SyndromeÂ fromÂ Erythrodermic Inflammatory Dermatitis. The Journal of investigative dermatology. 2016 136(7):1313-1315. PMID: 27342033.