Steven R Post, PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Breast, Leukemia/ Lymphoma
- Research Focus Area: Treatment, Carcinogenesis, Diagnosis/ Prognosis
- Type of Research: Basic
- Research Interest Statement: My research interests relate to inhibiting cancer growth and metastasis by defining and targeting the pathways used by macrophages to recognize and respond to factors in the tumor microenvironment.
- NIH/Nat. Heart, Lung & Blood Institute – 1R01HL162958“Impact of hemodynamics on efferocytosis in endothelial cells”Co-Investigator04/01/22 – 03/31/27
- NIH/Nat. Cancer Institute – 7R01CA228166“Periodontal bacteria enhance oral KSHV pathogenesis and Kaposi's Sarcoma development in HIV + patients - Continuation”Principal Investigator05/01/19 – 04/30/24
- Chen J, Lin Z, Song J, [et al., including Post SR]. Echinomycin as a promising therapeutic agent against KSHV-related malignancies. Journal of hematology & oncology. 2023 16(1):48. PMID: 37143124. PMCID: PMC10161613.
- Chen J, Song J, Plaisance-Bonstaff K, [et al., including Post SR]. Role of Histamine and Related Signaling in Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Pathogenesis and Oncogenesis. Viruses. 2023 15(4). PMID: 37112991. PMCID: PMC10142667.
- Nounamo B, Jousheghany F, Siegel ER, [et al., including Post SR]. VT68.2: An Antibody to Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) Displays Reactivity against a Tumor-Associated Carbohydrate Antigen. International journal of molecular sciences. 2023 24(3). PMID: 36768830. PMCID: PMC9917008.
- Nakamura N, Rogers P, Eggerson R, [et al., including Post SR]. Translational Research for Identifying Potential Early-stage Prostate Cancer Biomarkers. Cancer genomics & proteomics. 2023 20(1):1-8. PMID: 36581341. PMCID: PMC9806668.
- Nagalo BM, Zhou Y, Loeuillard EJ, [et al., including Post SR]. Characterization of Morreton virus as an oncolytic virotherapy platform for liver cancers. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md.). 2022. PMID: 36052732.
- Chen J, Song J, Dai L, [et al., including Post SR]. SARS-CoV-2 infection and lytic reactivation of herpesviruses: A potential threat in the postpandemic era?. Journal of medical virology. 2022. PMID: 35819034. PMCID: PMC9350099.
- Chen J, Dai L, Kendrick S, [et al., including Post SR]. The Anti-COVID-19 Drug Remdesivir Promotes Oncogenic Herpesvirus Reactivation through Regulation of Intracellular Signaling Pathways. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy. 2022:aac0239521. PMID: 35041508. PMCID: PMC8923226.
- Dai L, Lu YC, Chen J, [et al., including Post SR]. Oral Shedding of an Oncogenic Virus Alters the Oral Microbiome in HIV+ Patients. Frontiers in microbiology. 2022 13:882520. PMID: 35516440. PMCID: PMC9063630.
- Zhang Y, Gabere M, Taylor MA, [et al., including Post SR]. Repurposing live attenuated trivalent MMR vaccine as cost-effective cancer immunotherapy. Frontiers in oncology. 2022 12:1042250. PMID: 36457491. PMCID: PMC9706410.
- Chen J, Song J, James J, [et al., including Post SR]. Activation of IL1 signaling molecules by Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus. Frontiers in cellular and infection microbiology. 2022 12:1049624. PMID: 36457850. PMCID: PMC9705745.
- Chen J, Dai L, Barrett L, [et al., including Post SR]. SARS-CoV-2 proteins and anti-COVID-19 drugs induce lytic reactivation of an oncogenic virus. Communications biology. 2021 4(1):682. PMID: 34083759. PMCID: PMC8175744.
- Del Valle L, Dai L, Lin HY, [et al., including Post SR]. Role of EIF4G1 network in non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) cell survival and disease progression. Journal of cellular and molecular medicine. 2021. PMID: 33539648. PMCID: PMC7957206.
- Dai L, Jung BG, Chen J, [et al., including Post SR]. The potential impacts of early secreted antigenic target of 6 kDa of Mycobacterium tuberculosis on KSHV-infected cells. Journal of medical virology. 2020. PMID: 32648938. PMCID: PMC7796979.
- Chen J, Goyal N, Dai L, [et al., including Post S]. Developing new ceramide analogs and identifying novel sphingolipid-controlled genes against a virus-associated lymphoma. Blood. 2020. PMID: 32518949. PMCID: PMC7645984.
- Murray GP, Post SR, Post GR. ABO blood group is a determinant of von Willebrand factor protein levels in human pulmonary endothelial cells. Journal of clinical pathology. 2020 73(6):347-349. PMID: 31662441. PMCID: PMC7279561.
- Dai L, Forrest J, Barrett L, [et al., including Post SR]. Porphyromonas gingivalis coinfects with KSHV in oral cavities of HIV+ patients and induces viral lytic reactivation. Journal of medical virology. 2020. PMID: 32436999. PMCID: PMC7679274.
- Dai L, Forrest J, Qiao J, [et al., including Post SR]. Kaposi Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus and Staphylococcus aureus Coinfection in Oral Cavities of HIV-Positive Patients: A Unique Niche for Oncogenic Virus Lytic Reactivation. The Journal of infectious diseases. 2020 221(8):1331-1341. PMID: 31111897. PMCID: PMC7325796.
- Chen J, Forrest J, post s, [et al.]. Mechanistic Insights into Chemoresistance Mediated by Oncogenic Viruses in Lymphomas. Viruses. 2019 11(12). PMID: 31888174. PMCID: PMC6950054.
- Chen J, Dai L, Goldstein A, [et al., including Post SR]. Identification of new antiviral agents against Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) by high-throughput drug screening reveals the role of histamine-related signaling in promoting viral lytic reactivation. PLoS pathogens. 2019 15(12):e1008156. PMID: 31790497. PMCID: PMC6907871.
- Chen J, Del Valle L, Lin HY, [et al., including Post SR]. Expression of PD-1 and PD-Ls in Kaposi's sarcoma and regulation by oncogenic herpesvirus lytic reactivation. Virology. 2019 536:16-19. PMID: 31394407. PMCID: PMC6733645.
- Madan E, Pelham CJ, Nagane M, [et al., including Post SR]. Flower isoforms promote competitive growth in cancer. Nature. 2019 572(7768):260-264. PMID: 31341286.
- Asfari A, post s, Dent JA, [et al.]. Platelet Glycoprotein VI Haplotypes and the Presentation of Paediatric Sepsis. Thrombosis and haemostasis. 2019 119(3):431-438. PMID: 30597490.
- Chen J, Forrest J, post s, [et al.]. Transactivation of human endogenous retroviruses by tumor viruses and their functions in virus-associated malignancies. Oncogenesis. 2019 8(1):6. PMID: 30643113. PMCID: PMC6331641.
- Post GR, Yuan Y, Holthoff ER, [et al., including Post SR]. Identification of a novel monocytic phenotype in Classic Hodgkin Lymphoma tumor microenvironment. PloS one. 2019 14(11):e0224621. PMID: 31714922. PMCID: PMC6850552.