Thomas J Kelly Jr., PhD
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
College of Medicine
Cancer Research Interest
- Disease Site Focus: Breast
- Research Focus Area: Health Disparities, Treatment, Carcinogenesis, Diagnosis/ Prognosis
- Type of Research: Basic
- Research Interest Statement: I study the tumor microenvironment and the role of normal host cells such as fibroblasts and macrophages in promoting outgrowth and metastasis of tumors. I am focused primarily on breast cancer and use both the Mouse Mammary Tumor Virus-Polyma Middle T model as well as clinical samples.
- Email Address: KELLYTHOMASJ@UAMS.EDU
- Profiles Research Networking Software: View Profile
- NIH/Nat. Cancer Institute – 1R25CA250979“Partnership in Cancer Research (PCAR)”Principal Investigator09/01/20 – 08/31/25
- NIH/Nat. Inst. of General Medical Sciences – 2P20GM103429“Partnerships for Biomedical Research in Arkansas”Co-Investigator05/01/20 – 04/30/25
- Nounamo B, Jousheghany F, Siegel ER, [et al., including Kelly T]. VT68.2: An Antibody to Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) Displays Reactivity against a Tumor-Associated Carbohydrate Antigen. International journal of molecular sciences. 2023 24(3). PMID: 36768830. PMCID: PMC9917008.
- Zhang Y, Gabere M, Taylor MA, [et al., including Kelly T]. Repurposing live attenuated trivalent MMR vaccine as cost-effective cancer immunotherapy. Frontiers in oncology. 2022 12:1042250. PMID: 36457491. PMCID: PMC9706410.
- Zhang H, Ramsey A, Xiao Y, [et al., including Kelly T]. Dynamic Phosphorylation and Dephosphorylation of Cyclase-Associated Protein 1 by Antagonistic Signaling through Cyclin-Dependent Kinase 5 and cAMP Are Critical for the Protein Functions in Actin Filament Disassembly and Cell Adhesion. Molecular and cellular biology. 2020 40(4). PMID: 31791978. PMCID: PMC6996279.
- Wu H, Hasan R, Zhang H, [et al., including Kelly T]. Phosphorylation Regulates CAP1 (Cyclase-Associated Protein 1) Functions in the Motility and Invasion of Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Scientific reports. 2019 9(1):4925. PMID: 30894654. PMCID: PMC6426867.
- Post SR, Kelly T, Post GR, [et al.]. Development of an unbiased, semi-automated approach for classifying plasma cell immunophenotype following multicolor flow cytometry of bone marrow aspirates. Cytometry. Part B, Clinical cytometry. 2018 94(5):602-610. PMID: 29573142. PMCID: PMC6150794.
- Post GR, Kelly T, Guillory E, [et al.]. Effect of Serum Immunoglobulins on Routine Coagulation Tests: A Comparison of Coagulation Analyzers using Mechanical and Optical Clot Detection. Annals of clinical and laboratory science. 2017 47(6):744-746. PMID: 29263049.
- Holthoff ER, Byrum SD, Mackintosh SG, [et al., including Kelly T]. Vulvar squamous cell carcinoma aggressiveness is associated with differential expression of collagen and STAT1. Clinical proteomics. 2017 14:40. PMID: 29225558. PMCID: PMC5717999.
- Holthoff ER, Spencer H, Kelly T, [et al.]. Pathologic features of aggressive vulvar carcinoma are associated with epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Human pathology. 2016 56:22-30. PMID: 27327194. PMCID: PMC5021565.